Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Banana and Apple Granola Bar

Pin It Now!


Today is another recipe of granola bar using muesli. This one is simple as no filling is needed. Just pour the batter into pan and bake. As the name stated banana and apples are been used. With these great fruits this granola bar is packed with flavour. Remember to use super ripe banana (the brownest the better) as it really affect the sweetest and flavour. Believe it or not this bar tastes like banana bread! But with more chewy texture which I like!
 

 
Inspired by Sally's Baking Addiction
Ingredients:
(A)
120g margarine (or butter)
60g light brown sugar

1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
100g mashed banana

(B)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (about 180g)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
*Sift together and set aside

2 cups muesli (about 200g)
1 cup green apple cubes (from 1 big apple)

(C) Topping
20g margarine (or butter)
1/2 cup muesli

Methods:
1. Add in muesli and diced apple into sifted flour bowl. Stir to mix well and set aside.
 
2. In another bowl, cream margarine and brown sugar till light (hand whisk will do). Add in vanilla extract, egg and mashed banana in sequence. Make sure well mix before each addition.
 
3. Pour in the muesli flour mixture from (step 1). Fold to combine. Do not over mix.
 
4. Pour the batter into lined 8' square pan. Spread evenly around the edges and slightly press to get packed bar. Set aside.
 
5. For topping, add in margarine into muesli. Mix with fingers and try to coat every bits of muesli with margarine.
 
6. Sprinkle the topping evenly on the bar. Bake in preheated oven 180C for 30-35 minutes.
 
7. Remove from oven leave it for few minutes. Lift up from pan and leave to cool completely on wire rack. Cut into bar and enjoy!
*Keep the leftover in fridge and snacking any time!



I'm sharing this post at:

~Muhibbah Malaysian Monday hosted by 3 hungry tummies


~Recipe Box 24 hosted by Bizzy Bakes


7 comments:

  1. Wow, I could happily much on these lovely snack! Sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love granola bars, have tried a few recipes. I like that you use fresh fruits, and the bars get cut nicely. well done!

    btw, If you love baking, I have 3 baking books to giveaway on my blog. come join the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds good incorporating bananas into these muesli bars, taste like banana cake? yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. High time for me to try my hands at making muesli bars too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to buy and eat them during my main meals when I was training very hard in the gym. Never thought of making my own muesli bars but you have given me the idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you by dropping by my blog. I would appreciate if you can leave comments on my posts for friendships.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...